Fury Tank Battle Diorama - Tank Models
Tank Models
With the diorama base setup with the final layout, it is time to focus on completing the model tanks that will feature in this diorama. The tanks will be the main focus of this diorama, depicting the moment the title vehicle, Fury, is the last remaining tank facing off against the dreaded Tiger tank.
Initially, I purchased a 1/72 scale Hasegawa M4A3E8 Sherman tank model kit for the Fury tank on this diorama. After swapping the turret with a previous completed Trumpeter version, I noticed further inaccuracies and a slight size difference the turret and hull, so decided to purchase a Trumpeter model kit of the M4A3E8 (76w) to replace the hybrid model for this diorama. With all the featured tanks assembled and coloured in their base coats, it was time to add the additional parts of stowage.
![]() |
| 01. M4A3E8 Sherman & Tiger I tank models |
![]() |
| 02. M4A2 & M4A1 76(W) Sherman tank models |
For the stowage components, I purchased 2x bags of Armourfast Sherman stowage parts to use on the Sherman tanks of the diorama. Using the screenshots of the tanks from the film, I placed each of the required components onto the models in the correct locations. As well as these metal parts by Armourfast, to create the logs attached to the sides of the vehicles, I trimmed the points off some toothpicks, trimmed them to the required lengths and attached them in bundles to the sides of the models. I used a similar technique for the front planks, this time using lolly sticks instead of toothpicks.
![]() |
| 03. Fury & Tiger 131 models |
![]() |
| 04. Tiger 131 (Close-up Details) |






